Children are expected to wear clean neat clothing selected from the list below. We think there are many advantages to having a school dress code and ask for your co-operation in this.
All clothing worn to school should be clearly marked with the child’s name to keep our lost property problem to a minimum. Children with long hair should arrange to have it tied back neatly for all lessons.
When the weather is hot children should bring a hat to school and wear it for outside activities and breaks. In cold weather all children need to bring a coat, scarf and gloves to wear in the playground.
Parents can purchase school logo’d items through https://myclothing.com/
Gillingham School Clothing List
- Collared white shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Burgundy sweatshirt, cardigan or pullover. School logoed fleece.
- Red check dress (optional in summer term).
- Black or grey long or short “school style” trousers
- Black or grey knee length skirt, pinafore dress or navy school style trousers (not leggings) in a non cling material.
- Suitable dresses in burgundy or burgundy and white (e.g. gingham or stripes) may be worn in warmer weather.
- Black, grey or white socks or tights.
- Black flat shoes, not boots, of a design suitable for school. Training shoes should not be worn except for games lessons.
For outdoor P.E. they will need either plimsolls or trainers. Plain white t-shirt and plain black shorts. Children should also bring a tracksuit or old trousers, a jumper and a spare pair of socks for winter games. P.E. kit should be kept in a named bag.
we encourage children to drink water regularly during the day, so we like them to bring a bottle of drinking water with them. There is good research to show that this helps children’s concentration and general well-being.
Jewellery, Make-up & Nail Varnish
In order to follow safety regulations, the only jewellery allowed is one pair of smooth, flat ear studs with no rear projection. Pupils may wear watches but the school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage and they should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. All jewellery and watches, including earrings must be removed for P.E. and swimming. Make-up, including nail varnish should not be worn.
N.B Children should not wear denim or corduroy to school.